- Soft - adventure tours
- Ecuador soft adventure tours and soft adventure tour itineraries for active travel to Ecuador in the Andes, Amazon, Coast and Galapagos Islands
- Cultural tours
- Ecuador cultural tours and culture oriented tour itineraries for cultural travel to Ecuador in the Andes and Amazon, visits to indigenous markets, artisan shops and ancient tribes
- Community based tours and volunteer
- Ecuador tours - rural tourism and community based tours, volunteer trips and tours with volunteer opportunities - responsible tourism - sustainable travel.
- Extreme Adventure tours
- Ecuador adventure travel, adventure tours in the Andes, Amazon rainforest, Coastal lowlands, Active trips for true adventurers in search of an adrenaline rush, extreme adventures in: White water rafting, Mountain Climbing, Scuba Diving, Paragliding, Bungee Jumping, Canyoning, Downhill mountain biking and more...
- Andes highlands tours
- Amazon rainforest tours
- Coastal lowlands tours
- Galapagos Islands Cruises
- Galapagos Islands tours
- Scuba diving Tours
- Nature & Wildlife Tours
- Birdwatching Tours
- Agricultural Tours
- Sport Fishing Tours
- City tours & day tours main cities
- Family tours
- Incentive travel tours
- Overland tours
On the leftside navigation bar you will find links organized into different tour categories. We have listed suggested itineraries in each category. You will also find within each category suggested tour operators for each itinerary.
Ecuador tours are full of contrasts, travel takes place in a relatively small space, this is what makes it simply magical. In a few words Ecuador is " South America in a nutshell ". A hub for wilderness adventures, mountain vacations, camping trips, mountain bike tours, Amazon cruises and rainforest lodges, Galapagos travel and whale watching trips at the Pacific coast.
Adventure travel to Ecuador will make the most of your active travel vacation, cultural trips, birdwatching tours, and all types of special interest travel... at Latin Trails we will help you prepare a custom vacation that includes accommodation at your prefered type of hotel or rainforest lodge, with activities that fit your interests and your budget.
Close at hand is the "cinnamon route" to the Amazon rainforest, which you can drive into descending from the high Andes into the tropical lowlands.
If you prefer a beach vacation just head west into the Pacific lowlands, also just a few hours from Quito. From the coast you can decide to relax on the sandy beaches and bathe in the ware equatorial waters or head for and amazing expedition into the choco rainforest and stay at a lodge, a true hot spot on earth.
Of course the beautiful towns and artisan communities in the Andes are an important cultural attraction, you can visit indian markets and the homes of weavers, woodcarvers and other folk artists. Mountain climbers will find paradise, Andes mountains are amongst the most beautiful and are relatively easy to climb, amongst the most popular are Cotopaxi, the worlds tallest active volcano and Chimborazo, the countries highest peak.